DURING THE 21 DAYS, WE WOULD ASK YOU TO SEEK GOD ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS - FOR BOTH YOURSELF AND OUR CHURCH
HEART FOR THE CHURCH (January 8th - 14th)
We believe our local church has an incredible opportunity to reach and serve our community. As we begin this new year, and move toward Easter, take time to pray for our congregation.
- Pray that we hold fast to the truth.
- Pray that we would be a place of love.
- Pray that no hypocrisy would slip into our church family.
- This is also an important time to pray over the church’s resources. Pray that this new year would see financial stability and growth. We must all learn to be good stewards of the time, talent, treasures and truth that God has given us.
We do all of this for his kingdom and his kingdom alone!
FILL THE CHURCH (January 15th - 21st)
This is also our week of fasting
We believe that we will see our church filled to capacity by Easter. For this to be a reality, we must be a people of prayer asking the Holy Spirit to open the eyes of men, women, and children so they might have new life in Christ. We believe this for our neighbors, co-workers, families, and friends.
- Pray for opportunities to invite people to church.
- Pray for the opportunity to be discipled and disciple someone this new year.
- Pray for individuals who make up the church to be filled with the Holy Spirit, empowering them for the daily mission each of us is called to.
We believe that a move of God only happens through the power of prayer from his children who have hearts postured in humility and repentance.
Together, let’s trust that God will fill the church!
WAKE UP (January 22nd - 28th)
We refuse to be a people who fall into a spiritual slumber. In this new year seek God to spiritually awaken you in areas of your life that might be asleep. Together let’s pray that God would wake us up to see the beauty of who He is so that anything in our lives that does not have value would fall away. Getting rid of worthless, sin-filled desires only happens when we truly delight in Christ.
So wake up, enjoy God and be alert for the mission that God has called us to in our city and community.
The Lord’s Prayer
Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” And he said to them, “When you pray, say:
“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread,
and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”
TEACH US TO PRAY
Here are some helpful, quick-read articles, provided as starting points to grow in understanding how to pray:
- 9 Things You Should Know About Prayer In The Bible
- What Did Jesus Teach About Prayer?
- The Lord's Prayer Teaches Us About Every Other Prayer
- 10 Things You Should Know About Prayer
Where should you go from here? Check out pages dedicated to help you plan for these 21 Days together:
You should also consider sharing with your Community Group how it is that you'll be participating this year.