Service Opportunity: Social Media Coordinator
Metro Life Church has an opening for a Social Media Coordinator. Either church membership or FCLS class attendance is a prerequisite. Candidates should e-mail Chris Jessee if interested.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
This person will work with all aspects of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. for METRO LIFE CHURCH (MLC). They will also be available to help ministries of MLC with their social media by providing input and feedback. This position will promote events and ministries, share links to videos, articles and podcasts related to MLC as well as organizations and ministries associated with MLC.
They will also promote weekend services through quotes from the sermons and retweets as well as instantaneously notifying our congregation when events are moved and/or canceled. They will respond to comments, questions and prayer requests. Protect and support the brand of MLC through social media. They will engage in research to stay current with trends within social media.
Developing and executing strategic plans for all of MLC’s social media and actively maintaining digital content are key roles for this position.
- Connect with people on a deeper level through building community and connection.
- Support & Promote our key values of Loving God, Growing Together and Proclaiming Christ
- Spark conversation by engaging the MLC Family and seekers.
- Rapidly respond to questions, inquiries and comments with wisdom and discretion.
- Knowing when to alert the LT when issues arise.
- Encourage the MLC Family to engage in dialogue and community with one another.
- Create a place for people to come daily to be challenged and inspired.
- Reach people with relevant and inspirational content that moves them to action and spurs their spiritual growth.
- Reach a new generation with the positive message of hope in a relevant way.
Possible Spiritual Gifts: Communication, Administration, Event planning, Vision and Leadership.
Considerations for this role:
- Ability to learn software programs and systems quickly; strong computer proficiency
- Experience in developing and managing a dynamic online presence across the Web and social media in an institutional setting
- Knowledge of existing and emerging online media best practices
- Demonstrated experience in developing virtual communities
- Experience in monitoring, assimilating, interpreting and presenting analytic metrics
- Strong artistic sense and attention to visual detail
Time Commitment: Approximately 2-4 hours per week
Resources: Chris Jessee will support this person through needed communication and budget resources as available.