Upcoming Holiday Outreaches
This Holiday Season there are a number of ways that we are reaching out to our community to extend the love of Jesus Christ and the good news of his gospel. Therefore, there are a lot of opportunities for each one of us to be involved.
- Thanksgiving Meal for the Homeless - On Sunday, November 24th, just a few days before Thanksgiving we are going to serve a holiday meal to those who are homeless in the Casselberry area. Many of these families are staying at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel off of Oxford Road and we are going to prepare a meal for them and share the gospel, pray and sing with them, and do crafts with the kids.
- Christmas Boxes of Love - On Sunday, December 15th we will be making our way door-to-door in the neighborhoods right around the church to provide a small Christmas gift to these folks and share with them about Jesus Christ. These boxes will have some cookie mix, a candle, a Bible and an invitation to our Christmas services.
In order to prepare for these outreaches we are doing three things:
- Paper Bags for Holiday Outreaches - One practical way we all can be involved is by donating food and other materials. October 27th - November 21st, you can pick up a brown paper bag with an attached shopping list from the table in the lobby. Just sign-out one of the bags, take it with you to the store, purchase the items on the list and return it to the church building by November 21st.
- Holiday Work Night - This is an evening of service on Friday, November 22nd to make preparations for the various outreaches. Preparations will include: assembling boxes for the Christmas Boxes of Love outreach, preparing food and crafts for the Thanksgiving Meal for the Homeless, organizing a Community Outreach storage space, praying for the upcoming outreaches, and a brief encouragement and instruction about what's involved in these outreaches.
- Homeless Outreach Information Meeting - For those who want more information about how to reach out to the poor and needy, please consider attending this informational meeting on Sunday, November 10th at 1pm in Room 202. We will talk broadly about what God says about reaching out to the poor and needy, about their need for provisions and the gospel, about precautions in serving and about the ways you can get involved.
So let's prepare by donating and serving together at the Holiday Work Night and then let's reach out to our community with the best news in all the world.